“Never in my house.. Ye abide by m’rules ya see…”
The world is much as we know it but deeper, darker, much more dangerous. It’s so much more extreme, where colour runs bloody red, shades of grey become uncountable and the darkest shadows often run into pitiless pools of the Underworld. But everything can be much, much more deadly. More mysterious than almost anyone can guess and filled with even more degeneration and despair than any one person should ever have to experience. Is it any wonder there is so much desperation and madness in this world when all the multitude hordes of the Majority can do is suffer.. or die. Better to die than to find out what happens later. So much better to die!
Many things thought not to be true may indeed exist in some shape or form here, within this “World of Darkness”, shaped into forms by those known or unknown. Be careful you know what you’re doing if you decide to find out!
… so be careful and stay alive!
Expect at least a 1/4 mortality rate and another 1/4 to a 1/2 to go insane or have to retire. Survival Rates more than that and you’re doing good, or you’ve been very lucky.
Examples of Occupations to inspire (Remember: You need Status in your Occupation to show any level of advancement, hence why you’re a lowly Junior Rank) :-
- Armed Forces Veteran: Nothing uncommon about this.. it’s rather clichéd in fact but it’s a because it’s true and happens a lot, especially these days with the decades of wars overseas. Now it’s hard to find a job or keep a job for any length of time due to PTSD etc.
- Artist: Be it Photographer, Film Maker, Musician, Painter or anything else that expresses your creativity and artistic nature.. it keeps you busy and hopefully making money one day.
- Builder: You spend your days working on construction sites, repairing or renovating properties etc. General construction, Carpentry, Tiling, Electrical and Plumbing are all possibly part of your day.
- Celebrity Socialite: Not quite an A List Celery.. or even any kind of Celebrity(yet) but you are working on it and hope one day that’ll be you with the flashes and the screams. For now, you’re happy to live in their shadow but in their company and get yourself in the photos and on the Blogs.
- Council Officer: Work long, busy days in the Council Offices when not out checking Housing Regulations, Traffic Issues, Another High Street Closure etc.
- Doctor: Overworked and suffering huge losses in the NHS daily, Doctors are being forced into extra overtime everywhete… Emergency Rooms are packed full of the desperate and the sick, further evidence of Government Cuts.
- Driver: A good living if you can put in the hours, and it’s flexible and mostly trouble free though the new Uber-Style Freelancers have hit your takings. You like to Drive though and options include – Chauffeur, Limo Driver, Race Car Driver, Stunt Driver, Taxi Driver,
- Entrepreneur: Business.. it’s all about Business, and for you that is everything. You don’t sit behind a desk or on a phone all day like an Executive but instead are out & about making money the old fashioned way. Face to Face!
- Faith Leader:
- Firefighter: You are one of those brave, daring people that are ready to fight fires wherever they spring up or to break a small child’s head out of those Street Railings he’s got himself caught in.
- Mechanic: Only happy when you have a wrench in your hand and you smell of grease but luckily business is quite good and things seldom bother you when your head in under the bonnet.
- Music DJ: Music is your life.. and here you are, spending your nights playing your music for parties and getting paid for it. You try and play what the client wants but some nights, you gifts play from your heart!
- Performer: Be it as an Actor, Model or Singer.. you make your money selling yourself and your “God given talents” to the world. You love it!
- Police Officer: The Yorkshire Metropolitan are a large force who have been hit hard with redundancies the last few years while crime seems to have rise higher each week.
- Reporter: Getting onto a Newspaper these days is impossible without years of relevant experience so Freelance Reporting is often the only way to show off talent. Celebrity, Global News, Local Gossip.. all may be the Big Story!
- Scientist: Lab Assistant may not be much, but it’s a foot in the door and one day perhaps it’ll be your own Lab you are working in. Chemist, Forensics Lab,
- Security Guard: A good option for those not quite up to the sophisticated standards of the Police Force or who’d rather a little more flexibility. Jobs are common in Corporate Facilities, Warehouses, Office Blocks, High-Rise Apartments, Asylums & Hospitals.
- Teacher: You spend your days educating others, either in Primary or Secondary School or even at University Level where your days are a little more free of clutter and allow you to research your own projects.
- Technician: Those skilled at the practical knowledge of repair …
- Unemployed: More and more common over the last
decade, people of all kinds have fallen to life’s …
So much more to do as the Alpha Network goes online.. there are forces at work and legacies untold Awaking from centuries of ruin..
Visit us at Home Page for further information.