ANother World of Darkness - Alpha Network
“There are things in our blood that are just naturally passed down to us, whether we want to recognize them or not.” – Raquel Cepeda, Bird of Paradise
Bloodlines are smaller, derivative “sub-families” of vampires which branch off from the five Clans, increasing the diversity among the Kindred. They have become somewhat key and influential within Kindred Society now that paranoia and politics is rife.
A bloodline retains many of the characteristics of the clan from which it spawned, but the process of joining, or founding, a bloodline alters the joining Kindred’s Vitae significantly. Bloodline members have easier access to one or more Disciplines; generally this is one Discipline in addition to those which come naturally to the parent clan, though some bloodlines may lose some Clan Disciplines, gaining access to others. More exotic or focussed bloodlines may have unique “bloodline Disciplines” which may be learnt only by their members (Although there are a few very rare exceptions, the Architects of the Monolith’s Gilded Cage and the Mortualia Discpline of the Libitinarius are two exceptions.) Bloodlines also have their own distinctive weaknesses, which are often exacerbations of existing Clan weaknesses, or separate frailties layered upon the preexisting Clan flaws.
The childe of a member of a bloodline always belongs to that bloodline’s parent clan. To become a member of a bloodline, the childe must join one through force of will, though in some cases (notably with Malkovians) this can happen unconsciously. A vampire can only join bloodlines that split off from her own clan; a neonate can only join her sire’s bloodline, if her Sire belongs to one, but vampires of sufficient age and potency of blood may join other offshoots of their clan or, if truly powerful, create their own. The process of joining or creating a bloodline is irreversible, and no vampire may belong to more than one.
These are not always well known or well documented Bloodlines and Kindred can often go throughout much, or all, of their Requiem without ever learning from which heritage they descend from. Even without knowing their heritage, they still suffer the Clan weakness or Kindred Weaknesses known as Kindred Bans.
Kindred by default join their Sires’ Bloodline when first embraced, though it tends to only slowly show itself by effects, weaknesses and Powers at Blood Potency 2. This does not always take and a Childe I may thus have no Bloodline after their embrace unless they try and join one later. Slowly, as the Blood thickens a Kindred will begin to feel the effects of the Blood which incorporates fragments of the Sire android their history, random sporadic effects of the Clan weakness, Disciplines at random times, fragments even from ancestors throughout the lineage.
If a Sire leaves before revealing their Clan history and details, a Kindred may be keen to investigate their origins and will often go to a Historian who may be able to work
At Blood Potency 2, a vampire with which she shares a blood tie may act as Avus.
At Blood Potency 3, any vampire of her clan may act as an Avus.
At Blood Potency 4, a vampire not of her clan may act as an Avus. An Avus is a sort of mentor. Acting as an Avus into a bloodline requires feeding the prospect at least one point of Vitae. This carries all normal risk of addiction and blood bonds.
At Blood Potency 6, vampires may create their own, unique bloodlines. This is to say, all bloodlines were founded by Kindred of Blood Potency 6 or greater. A character may only be part of one bloodline, and cannot leave a bloodline once joined.
You may only leave a Bloodline once after Blood Potency 2, Those without a Clan and Bloodline are called Caitiff, lowest of the low.
Kindred who belong to bloodlines are subdivided into two further categories.
Scions are Kindred who belong to a bloodline and an identifiable parent clan. They have four in-clan Disciplines: three from their parent clan and one chosen from their bloodline. Scions have a bane from their bloodline and a bane from their parent clan.
Orphans are Kindred who belong to a bloodline but have no discernible parent clan. Orphans have three in-clan Disciplines determined by their bloodline. They have only a single bane, again from their bloodline. Some particularly insular bloodlines only accept orphans into their ranks.
GM’s Notes: For those players who aren’t aware, bloodlines are pretty different beasts in VtM and VtR.
In Vampire: The Masquerade, bloodlines are effectively mini-clans. Players choose one for their PC to belong to during character creation, in lieu of a regular clan, and that’s what they play for the rest of the game.
In Vampire: The Requiem, bloodlines are akin to D&D’s prestige classes. PCs begin the game as one of the base clans, and can later join a bloodline. They still remain Kindred of their parent clans.
The GM greatly prefers Requiem’s approach, as it makes membership in bloodlines a character choice rather than an out-of-game player choice. That’s always good. This approach further enables PCs to remain members of the core clans (with all the history, plot hooks, and extended family of Kindred relatives that entails) while still getting to enjoy the “cool factor” of belonging to a bloodline.
A custom Bloodlines of only black vampires started by African ebony Kingdom & Ventrue slave.. militant black panther type and proud and racially motivated.
- Akahkway: Parasitical obsessives of humanity.
- Amara Havana: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 43 -52)
- Anvari: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 20 -29)
- The Asnâm: (VTR: Circle of the Crone, p. 165 -167)
- The Carnival: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary, p. 23-37)
- Children of Judas: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary, p. 38-50)
- Duchagne: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 105 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 36-45)
- En: Faustian Princes, selected by their Great Lord in dreams. (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 153 -156)
- Erzsébet: (VTR: Kiss of the Succubus, p. 114 -115)
- Eupraxus: (VTR: Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners p. 54-55)
- Gulikan: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary, p. 64-77)
- Kallisti: (VTR: Invictus (book), p. 162 )
- Kiasyd: Fae-touched Kindred of dubious, unknown origin.
- Kinnaree: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 117 -121)
- Lamiae: A. Female Bloodline.
- Malintzin: (CofD: Shadows of Mexico, p. 101 )
- Nelapsi: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 88 -95)
- Pale Ones: An albino only line…
- Salubri: make them like the VtM version.
- Septemi: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 89 -96)
- Spina: (VTR: Invictus, p. 173 )
- Toreador: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 246 -248)
- Wu Zao: Believed to be a Salubri Bloodline in the Far East.
- Xiao: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 105 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 85-104)
- Zelani: (VTR: Carthians (book), p. 166 -169)
- Anavashra: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 107 )
- Anda: Wanderers who are forced to travel almost each night.
- Annunaku: (VTR: Invictus (book), p. 159 )
- Anubi: Small Bloodline from Milwaukee, America that hate the Uratha or Lupines. (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 107 )
- Barjot: (VTR: Carthians (book), p. 156 -159)
- Bohagande: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 38 -47)
- Bruja: Redo as VtM version ? True Bruja? (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 235 -237)
- Carnon (VTR: Circle of the Crone, p. 168 -171)
- Childer of the Morrigan: (VTR: Circle of the Crone, p. 172 -175)
- Dead Wolves: Mexican Bloodline close to the Uratha. (CofD: Shadows of Mexico, p. 102-103)
- Empusae: (VTR: Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners p. 127)
- Hounds of Actaeon: (VTR: Savage and Macabre: Gangrel , p. 111-112)
- Les Gens Libres: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 69 -72)
- Larvae: (VTR: Requiem for Rome Rulebook, p. 228 -230)
- Mabry: (VTR: Savage and Macabre p. 110-111)
- The Mara: (VTR: Circle of the Crone, p. 181 -183)
- Matasuntha: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 107 )
- Moroi: (VTR: Ordo Dracul, p. 159
- Mystikoi: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 130 -136)
- Nepheshim: (VTR: Lancea Sanctum, p. 160 -161)
- Oberlochs: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 96 -105)
- Ravnos: make um interesting.??
- Shepherds: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 36 -39)
- Taifa: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 107 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 75-84)
- Vedma: (VTR: Ordo Dracul, p. 169-171)
- Wah’Sheen: Cross between the Gangrel and ?
- Windigo: The “Cold Hearts” …
- Agonistes: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 109 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 16-25)
- Alucinor: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 12 -19)
- Angustri: (VTR: Ghouls )
- Assamites: Middle Eastern Clan, quite large a millennia ago. Thought one of the oldest of the eastern clans.
- Bak-Ra: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 167 -171)
- Brothers of Ypres: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 22 -26)
- Család: (VTR: Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners p. 118-120)
- Followers of Apep: snake god
- Followers of Set:
- Khaibit: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 58 -67)
- Kuufukuji: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary, p. 78-90)
- Iltani: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 145 -152)
- Libitinarius: (VTR: Ordo Dracul, p. 155 -158)
- Lynx: (VTR: Invictus (book), p. 165 ).
- Malkavian: Very bizarre Bloodline that dates back to who knows when,though some say this was an error as occasionally he is mistakingly recorded as a Ventrue but this is an error.
- Mnemosyne: The “Memory Seekers” a mysterious & feared Bloodline existing in Ancient Rome with origins unknown. (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 109 , Shadows in the Dark p. 82-83)
- Morbus: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 245 -246; Requiem for Rome, p. 233-235)
- Norvegi: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 109 , Shadows in the Dark p. 84-85)
- [[Ophelia’s Childer]]: Known only to a select few.
- Osites: (VTR: Lancea Sanctum, p. 173 -175)
- Players: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary, p. 116-128)
- Qedeshah: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 106 -115)
- Sangiovanni: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 109 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 65-74)
- Telyavelic Tremere: An offshoot of the Tremere.
- Tlacique: South America Bloodline of the followers of Set.
- Tremere: Believed extinct after a final fight that didn’t end well for them. Now a small, Left-Handed Legacy of Liches who consume the souls of others in exchange for immortality and power. Starting out as a very small bloodline of Kindred they somehow managed to discover the secrets that allowed them to gain much of their Humanity back and became Mages.
- Tismanu: (VTR: Ordo Dracul, p. 164 -168)
- Acteius: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 111 )
- Adroanzi: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 106 -111)
- Azerkatil: (VTR: Ordo Dracul, p. 145-149)
- Baddacelli: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 111 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 26-35)
- Burakumin: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 238 -240)
- Calacas: (CofD: Shadows of Mexico, p. 99-101)
- Caporetti: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 18 -21)
- The Cockscomb Society: (VTR: The Beast That Haunts the Blood p. 106-107)
- Galloi (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary, p. 51-63)
- Gethsemani: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 48 -57)
- Kiasyd: Fae-touched Kindred who may be more Fae than Vampire. Origins are unknown.
- Licinii: (VTR: Requiem for Rome, p. 231 -232)
- Lygos: (VTR: The Beast That Haunts the Blood p. 107-108)
- Mayarap: (VTR]: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 122-124)
- Moroi: (VTR: Ordo Dracul, p. 159-169)
- Morotrophians: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 68 -77)
- Nictuku – Legend says these are the first descendants of Nosferatu himself, small Clanof Blood-Bonded Guards and Servants.
- Noctuku: A Second Line of descendants who escaped from their Sire and avoided the Blood Bond. Some say these are just the Nictuku with a mistranslated, corrupted name. (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem Rulebook, p. 111 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 46-55)
- Order of Sir Martin: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 137 -140)
- Rakshasa: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 116 -125)
- Telamones: The “Engineers” are a popular and prestigious Bloodline, especially for their skills at tunnel and pit architecture. Originating in Rome, they are still strong in many regions, including England where they are renowned for carving out the Kindred Byways under the Roman Roads. (VTR: Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners p. 94-95)
- Usiri: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 161 -166)
- Yagnatia: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 111 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 105-114)
- Adrestoi: (VTR: Lords Over the Damned, p. 104 -105)
- Appolinaire: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 63 -68)
- Architects of the Monolith: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 30 -37)
- Beni Murrahim: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem Rulebook, p. 113 )
- Bron: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary, p. 10-22)
- Canda Bhanu: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 53 -58)
- Cassians: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem Rulebook, p. 113 )
- Corajoso: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 99 -105)
- Deucalion: (VTR: Carthians (book), p. 160 -165)
- Dragolescu: (VTR: Ordo Dracul (book), p. 150 -154)
- Geheim: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 81 -88)
- Giovanni: They have enough going on with their incest, necromancy, banking, and mafia family stuff.
- Gorgons: (VTR: Circle of the Crone, p. 176 -179)
- The Gull: A small, curious Clan sailing the islands of the South West of Bristol England
- Icarians: (VTR: Lancea Sanctum (book), p. 167 -169)
- Jiang Shi: ??
- The Khagan: Tyranical, Mongol Locusts from Asia.
- Licini: (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem Rulebook, p. 113 )
- Macellarius: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary Bullet-pdf Bullet-nip, p. 90-102)
- Malkovians: A Strange, idiosyncratic Bloodline that dates back to a lone patient in an Asylum, Petrov Malkov. (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 241 -243, Lords Over the Damned, p. 110-116)
- Malocusians: (VTR: Invictus, p. 168 )
- Melissidae: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Legendary, p. 103-115)
- Nahualli: (VTR: Bloodlines: The Hidden, p. 78 -87)
- Rötgrafen: The “Sea Kings” keep themselves secret, hiding away on their Ships and raiding solitary, primitive shore settlements. (VTR: Vampire: The Requiem, p. 113 ; Bloodlines: The Chosen, p. 56-64).
- Shiryo: ??
- Sotoha: (VTR: Invictus, p. 170 )
- The Sons of Cade: (VTR: Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners p. 49)
- Licinii (VTR: Requiem for Rome, p. 231 -232)
- Children of Osiris:
- Daughters of Cacophony:
- Langsuir: A Clan of statue like Kindred suffering Rigor Mortis.
- Lasombra: Snake Vamps of the Middle & Far East.
- Mortifiers of the Flesh: (VTR: Lancea Sanctum (book), p. 170 -172)
- Neglatu: (Onyx Path Blog)
- Rosombiru: Literally translation of Lasombra in Japan. Japan Snake Vamps?
- Sta-Au: (VTR: Ancient Bloodlines, p. 30 -35). Parent clan technically unknown and possibly Gangrel or Mekhet.
- Therion: (VTR: Belial’s Brood )
- The Akakaruh: Common Disciplines of Asia
Asian Kindred are distinguished by what Disciplines are common in the East, comparative to the west. Eastern Caitiff are limited to this selection. The Common Regional Disciplines are: Auspex, Celerity, Dominate, Fortitude, Necromancy, Obfuscate, Potence, Protean
- Julii: The ancestral predecessors of the Ventrue, believed extinguished during the fall of Rome. These seem to be the few surviving purebloods of The Roman Kindred who fled to the furthest reaches of the Roman Empire, avoiding Constantinople and hiding away in the mountain areas of the Slavic lands.
- Kiasyd: called the “Weirdlings” their origin clan or if they’re an original clan.
- Tzimisce translates as “mix” in Latin and are a bloodline of the Julii, mixed with Something else.
- The Akakaruh: Common Disciplines of Asia
Common Disciplines of Asia
Asian Kindred are distinguished by what Disciplines are common in the East, comparative to the west. Eastern Caitiff are limited to this selection. The Common Regional Disciplines are:
Auspex, Celerity, Dominate, Fortitude, Necromancy, Obfuscate, Potence, Protean
Clans and Bloodlines:
Nickname: The Horde
Principal Locality: Mongolia
Clan / Bloodline of: Gangrel
Disciplines: Animalism, Fortitude, and Protean
Like the Gangrel from which they are descended, Anda gain animal features from frenzying. Unlike the Gangrel, though, Anda gain such a feature once every other frenzy. Additionally, For each day after the third that an Anda sleeps within the same one-mile area, all dice pools are halved (to a minimum pool of one).
Children of Susanoo Bushi
Nickname: Lost Souls
Principal Locality: Japan
Clan / Bloodline of: Nosferatu
Disciplines: Necromancy, Obfuscate, and Potence
The Bushi, are all horrid, mouldering, maggot infested cadavers. In addition to their natural grotesqueness, the Bushi hold a practice of peeling off their faces each evening before they rise, transforming their visage into a bleeding, meaty skull. Bushi characters have Appearance ratings of 0, and automatically fail Appearance rolls. Secondly, Bushi cannot bear to look upon or handle objects of currency. Lost Souls must avert their gazes from such objects (Willpower roll difficulty 7), and touching them burns their flesh (one health level of damage per turn that the item touches them, armor and clothing provide no defence). Virtually anything that is accepted as an established form of currency, such as coupons, credit cards, cheques, cash, or even cigarettes in a penitentiary is harmful to the Bushi.
Gaki (Formal Name: Pretamadoi)
Nickname: Hungry Ghosts
Principal Localities: Tibet, Japan, Vietnam, and India
Clan / Bloodline of: Cappadocian, or Ravnos
Disciplines: Chimerstry, Fortitude, and Obfuscate
Gaki get hungry much more quickly than other vampires do. When feeding, they must make a Conscience or Conviction roll (difficulty 7). Should they fail the roll, they will feed until their blood pool is full, whether they want or need the extra blood or not. A Gaki who is forcibly kept from feeding risks frenzy (make a frenzy roll, difficulty 6). The difficulty increases by one for every 15 minutes that they are prevented from feeding.
The ravenous hunger of Gaki extends itself past vitae to anything it perceives as edible within its vicinity. Gaki who try to consume anything other than vitae find that the substance either bursts into flames, or withers and dries up as soon as it touches their mouths, risking frenzy as described above.
Guo Long Heike
Nickname: Dragon Kings
Principal Locality: China
Clan / Bloodline of: unknown
Disciplines: Celerity, Fortitude, and Long Banfa
1.) Bing Ningshi (The Eyes of the Serpent)
2.) Zhao Tongku (Feral Claws/Talons of the Beast)
3.) Zhefu (Mummify)
4.) Meili Pifu (Armor of Terra – skin transforms into scales of precious metals and gems)
5.) Yun Long (Mist Form – always takes the form of a Chinese dragon)
6.) Yun Shujiao (Blissful Slumber — always takes the form of a Chinese dragon)
6.) Yun Qixi (Breath of the Basilisk)
Guo Long, as well, practice a form of Out of Clan Blood Sorcery known as Long Moshu that has three paths: Fusu (Kai – see Dark Alliance Vancouver), Shui Long (Neptune’s Might), and Fengbao Zhu (Weather Control).
Guo Long are extremely territorial, staking out a particular area as theirs and reacting aggressively to trespassers. If another vampire enters their territory uninvited, they must make a frenzy roll. If they fail, they immediately attack the interloper and continue attacking until the intruder is dead or has left the area. Furthermore, Guo Long who’ve left their territory become agitated — all dice pools are reduced by one die per week (to a minimum of the character’s Stamina) that they are gone. Once a Guo Long re-enters their territory, their dice pools return to normal within a few hours.
Principal Locality: China
Clan / Bloodline of: unknown
Disciplines: Celerity, Obfuscate, and Taoti (Rift – see A World of Darkness book 1).
The Jiangshi are plagued with a slowly creeping rigor mortis that sets in to deaden their limbs with age. For each century that the Hoppers remain active they incur a -1 to all dexterity based rolls. Falling into an extended torpor of fifty years or more will reduce the penalty back down to a minimum of -2.
Li Weng and della Passaglia
Principal Locality: Cambodia (Della Passaglia), Hong Kong (Li Weng)
Clan / Bloodline of: Giovanni
1.) Li Weng: Auspex, Necromancy, and Potence
2.) Della Passaglia: Dominate, Necromancy, and Potence
1.) Li Weng: The Kiss of a Li Weng vampire causes excruciating pain in mortal vessels who receive it. If the Li Weng isn’t careful, her vessel may die of shock and agony before being wholly exsanguinated. When a Li Weng feeds upon a mortal, she does twice as much damage as the Kiss of another vampire would inflict. For example, if a Li Weng takes one point of blood from a mortal vessel, that victim would suffer two health levels of damage. As a result, they tend to use blood banks and other means of feeding that don’t fight as much.
2.) Della Passaglia: What began as an indulgence into the spiritual practices of rural Cambodian tribes devoted to human sacrifice, developed into a physical necessity for the della Passaglia family. della Passaglia gain little sustenance from blood alone. In order to fully satisfy their hunger they must consume the hearts of their victims. All difficulty rolls involving the sight or smell of blood are two higher for della Passaglia, and their total blood pools are halved, unless they’ve sated themselves by consuming a living human heart, within the past week.
Principal Locality: From the west migrated to Indonesia
Clan / Bloodline of: Lasombra
Disciplines: Dominate, Obtenebration, and Potence
Lasombra vampires cast no reflections. Whether in a mirror, in a body of water, on a polished surface, or in the rear-view of a taxicab, the image of the Magister does not reflect. As well, Lasombra antitribu are hunted relentlessly by the Sabbat, and targeted for destruction whenever their existence is made public.
Principal Locality: Korea
Clan / Bloodline of: none
Disciplines: Auspex, Dominate, and Necromancy
The Nagaraja require raw flesh in addition to blood to survive. For every night a Nagaraja goes without consuming flesh, he loses one cumulative die from all his Physical dice pools. Eating one point worth of flesh restores one die to these pools until the vampire has “caught up.” A human body has 10 “flesh points,” which work just like blood points: A Nagaraja consuming one flesh point increases his blood pool by one. Unlike blood points, however, taking a “flesh point” from a vessel does one health level of unsoakable lethal damage to that vessel. The flesh the Nagaraja consume must be relatively fresh, though not necessarily “alive.” Indeed, some Nagaraja keep stores of ritually preserved corpses in their havens. This weakness does not allow them to eat food or consume other liquids.
Principal Locality: Korea, and Malaysia
Clan / Bloodline of: Toreador
Founder: Orang Minyak
Disciplines: Obfuscate, Presence, and Protean
Pontianak can only derive sustenance from the blood of virgins, aroused men, and pregnant women. Any attempt to feed on an animal, or mortal not fitting the above criteria results in the vitae turning to ash in the Pontianak’s mouth. If a Pontianak tries to feed upon a vessel not suitable to their palate the taste of the ash in their mouth causes them to automatically frenzy and they must make a roll to prevent Humanity or Path loss (difficulty 7), or begin eviscerating their victim, while trying desperately to feed in a blood fury. As a result of this weakness the Pontianak can not embrace mortals who do not fall into their strict dietary habits, as the blood of the newly embraced childe will turn to ash when the curse takes hold. Pontianak blood causes permanent sterility in both male and female ghouls. A woman already with child will miscarry by consuming Pontianak vitae.
The Clan divides itself into three branches: The Cho-nyo-Gwishin, are all virgins plucked for the embrace at tender young ages. Chosen for their sadistic and abhorrent depravity Kuntilanak are an all male line of the Pontianak. The final branch is the Lang Suir, women embraced who’ve either died giving birth, or miscarried during the process. This last branch is especially spiteful, often forcing their blood upon pregnant women in order to facilitate a painful miscarriage, before damning them.
Pontianak’s prefer to haven near orchards, and shorelines, torturing fish with bananas when unable to track down suitable prey.
Nickname: Pox Gods
Principal Locality: From the west migrated to China, then Korea
Clan / Bloodline of: Lamia
Disciplines: Fortitude, Potence, and Necromancy
The Sonnimne carry a wasting disease spread by their bite. Anyone the Sonnimne feeds upon makes a Stamina roll (difficulty 7). If the roll fails, the victim contracts a Black Plague-like pox that is fatal within several days after incubating for two weeks. During the incubation process the only common symptom is nightmares. Following incubation huge boils develop covering the victims entire body, once the boils burst the skin turns black and begins falling off in sheets, the victims eyes turn crimson and swell, and blood weeps profusely from every orifice. Death follows shortly thereafter. The disease is transmitted through bodily fluids, such as saliva and blood. Any vampire, or ghoul that consumes Sonnimne blood becomes a carrier of the disease until all of the Sonnimne vitae is purged from their body. The only known cure for the disease is to consume the vitae of a Sonnimne.
One fled east after the destruction of the Cappadocians (1444), and crossed into Korea during the first Chinese invasion (1592)
Principal Locality: China
Clan / Bloodline of: Salubri
1.) Zao-zei: Auspex, Fortitude, and Valeren
2.) Zao-xue: Auspex, Fortitude, and Obeah
1.) Zao-zei: Zao-zei thieves must consume blood taken by trickery. Unless the vampire feeds on blood from a mark he has deceived in some way, the Vitae offers no nourishment.
2.) Zao-xue: The Zao-xue are scholars by nature, and each of them has a special focus. At character creation, the player must select an area of arcane study — the Wan Kuei, the culture of a specific mortal group, a group of mystical tomes lost to the ages, etc. Whenever the opportunity arises to learn something about this subject, the player must make a Willpower roll (difficulty 6) to avoid pursuing that lead to the exclusion of all else.
Assamite: Celerity, Obfuscate, Quietus
Brujah: Vigor, Celerity, Temporis
Followers of Set: Vigor, Animalism, Serpentis
Gangrel: Resilience, Animalism, Protean
Giovanni: Vigor, Auspex, Necromancy
Lasombra: Vigor, Obfuscate, Obtenebration
Malkavian: Celerity, Auspex, Dementation
Nosferatu: Vigor, Obfuscate, Nightmare
Ravnos: Resilience, Animalism, Chimestry
Toreador: Celerity, Auspex, Majesty
Tremere: Resilience, Auspex, Thaumaturgy
Tzimisce: Resilience, Auspex, Vicissitude
Ventrue: Resilience, Animalism, Dominate